World Yamaha Motor (IYM) Pvt. Ltd., the Worldn subsidiary of the Japanese auto giant, has finally unveiled the highly awaited 2018 Yamaha R15 V3.0 at the Auto Expo 2018.The latest iteration of the company’s entry-level supersport motorcycle offers a 155 cc, liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, SOHC, 4-valve, fuel-injected engine that features Variable Valve Actuation (VVA) and Assist & Slipper (A&S) Clutch. The new R15 V3.0 has gone on sale at an ex-showroom price of 1.25 lakh.
2018 Yamaha R15 V3.0 Specifications
- Bigger 155 cc Engine along with a new bore x stroke ratio of 58mm x 58.7 mm and a higher compression ratio of 11.6:1
- Forged aluminium pistons and DiaSil Cylinders are carried over from the previous generation
- 5.5-litre air cleaner [60% more than the previous generation], larger diameter intake port of 30mm and a valve design
- Newly design crank case vents which decreases pumping loss and increases power
- New engine warmup method circulates the coolant within the engine itself and the thermostat opens and allows the coolant to circulate through the radiator, thus allowing for faster engine warmup
- New muffler design with a 3 stage expansion & a 3-way catalytic converter
- The new motorcycle also enjoys a higher top speed without much of an adverse effect on the mileage.
2018 Yamaha R15 V3.0 Images
2018 Yamaha R15 V3.0 Design
- Design and style inspiration from its siblings YZF- R1 and YZF- R6
- “Next Strain of R-DNA” is a high-level fusion of a universal sense of beauty and an expression of speed that suggests a new dimension of riding
- It balances the following factors in its design and styling
- a front face reminiscent of the YZF-R1
- fairings that give visual form to the airflow
- a silhouette that alludes to its performance and handling
- gear position indicator
- The cockpit also has a serious and aggressive look with a hoard of features in the instrument console including 18 parameter display
2018 Yamaha R15 V3.0 Price
|YZF-R15 (Version 3.0)||February 2018||Rs. 125,000/- |
· Racing Blue
· Thunder Grey
While we are sad that Yamaha World won’t launch the international-spec bike here, it’s worth a mention here that this a strategy to keep prices under a check. The new 2018 Yamaha R15 V3.0 price in World has been kept at Rs 1.25 lakh (ex-showroom). Bookings for the new model have started for an amount of Rs 5,000.
So, are you happy that the new 2018 Yamaha R15 V3.0 World launch has finally taken place? Share your views with us by commenting below. Also, stay tuned to CarBlogWorld for the latest news from the Auto Expo 2018.