Called as Audi A1, the small car is available in a three door version and the manufacturer has yesterday revealed the five door version named as Audi A1 Sportback. The car will be rolled out to the showrooms in early 2012. The car is said to be showcased at the upcoming 2012 Auto Expo and if it is actually displayed, we are sure it will be a head turner.
image – Audi A1 Sportsback Front and Side View
The car is 3.95 meters in length and is slightly taller than its three door sibling hence offering more room at the rear. The car will be available with four seats but one can opt for a fifth seat for no extra cost. From the front it resembles the A4 to a great extent and the signature grille, beautiful head lamps with LED daytime running lights, stylish fender adds appeal to it. At the rear as well it amazes us with nicely done tail lamps and tail gate.
image – Audi A1 Sportsback Rear Side View
On the interiors it is quite spacious. The dashboard is brilliantly done with four round jet engine shaped vents. The central console is tilted towards the driver and looks quite amazing with loads of interesting buttons to play around with. At the rear it offers a generous boot of 270 liters which could be increased to 970 liters on folding down the rear seats.
Interesting features on the inside are as follows:
- The base Attraction Line is offered with manual air conditioning, split rear seat, a radio remote-controlled central locking system, power-adjustable side mirrors, power windows, a height-adjustable driver’s seat along with safety equipment such as two front airbags, two thorax/pelvic side airbags and two head airbags, belt force limiters, the integral Audi headrest system, Isofix anchor points for child safety.
- The Ambition line(mid level) comes with 16-inch alloy wheels, high-gloss exhaust tailpipes, fog lights, lumbar supports, height-adjustable passenger seat, leather covered shift lever, steering wheel and the handbrake lever, aluminum look inserts inside the cabin at some places, a driver information system with gear-change indicator (with manual transmission), special seat upholstery and interior color choices.
image – Audi A1 Sportsback Interiors
Other highlighting features include:
- Xenon headlights with LED daytime running lights and LED tail lights
- High-beam assistant
- light and rain sensor
- panoramic sunroof
- convenience key
- alarm system
- two different parking system versions
- cruise control
Deluxe features include:
- automatic air conditioning
- tinted windows
- heated front seats
- leather multifunction sport steering wheel with shift paddles for the S tronic
Depending on your choice and budget customization packages are also available for both trims.
On the technical front the car is available in six different engine options, three TFSI petrol and three TDI diesel.
- Base engine, the 1.2 TFSI, produces 86 BHP and consumes 5.1 liters of fuel per 100 km (46.12 US mpg)
- The two 1.4-liter TFSI engines generate 122 BHP and 185 BHP respectively.
- The top-of-the-line petrol engine features a supercharger and turbocharger that together put in 250 Nm of torque, along with a zero-to-100 km/h time of 7.0 seconds and a top speed of 227 km/h.
- A 1.6-liter diesel engine is available in two versions developing 90 BHP and 105 BHP respectively.
- A 2.0 TDI producing 143 BHP makes A1 Sportback to reach 100 km/h in 8.5 seconds along with an average consumption of 4.1 liters of fuel per 100 km
Audi A1 Official TV Commercial Video
Audi A1 Sportback Hatchback Price
The car is priced at Rs. 11 Lakh (converting dollars to rupees) but will cost more than double this price when brought to World via the CBU route.
check out more-