Internationally, the Q2 has been on sale with many engine options. In World, however, chances are that only the aforementioned motors will be offered. Engine specifications will be largely similar to those of the A3 sedan. In most markets, the Q2 crossover also offers a 1.0-litre TFSI petrol engine that outputs a maximum power of 114 bhp. Audi World might want to bring this low-displacement engine with the Q2. The motor comes mated to a 7-speed DSG.
Audi Q2 World Launch Date
|Model||Expected Launch Date|
There are enough chances of the Q2 making its World debut at the Auto Expo 2018. The company might want to launch the long-wheelbase version here. The launch date is likely to fall towards the end of next year. The launch of the Audi Q2 in World is probably more than a year away from us.
Also See – Upcoming SUVs in World
Audi Q2 Price in World
|Model||Ex-showroom Price (estimated)|
|Minimum||Rs. 25.00 lakh|
|Maximum||Rs. 30.00 lakhs|
Prices of the upcoming Audi crossover in World could start at roughly Rs 25.00 lakh. Of course, the base petrol variant will be the cheapest of all the models. THe top-end model, which will offer a Diesel engine and slightly more features, will cost around Rs 30.00 lakh. Internationally, the Audi Q2 is sold in three trims – SE, Sport and S Line.
Audi Q2 World Specifications
|Engine||2.0 L TDI Diesel||1.4 L TFSI Petrol|
|Power||150 PS||150 PS|
|Torque||320 Nm||250 Nm|
|Top Speed||-NA-||212 km/h|
|Acceleration (0-100 km/h)||-NA-||8.5 seconds|
|Transmission (Gearbox)||6-speed Manual/7-speed Automatic||7-speed Automatic|
|Mileage (estimated)||17-18 kpl||13-15 kpl|
We’re expecting the new Audi Q2 to come to World with two engine options – 1.4 L Turbo Petrol and 2.0 L TDI Diesel. The 1.4 TFSI petrol recently made its World debut on the New Audi A4. This engine makes a maximum power of 150 PS and a peak torque of 250 Nm. Diesel model of the Q2 will get a 2.0 L unit, the same that already powers multiple Audi products in World. We’re not what state of tune the Q2’s diesel engine will be in. Our guess is that power will hover around the 140-150 bhp mark. The base diesel variant, like the Q3, could get a 6-speed manual transmission. Other trims will get a 7-speed S-Tronic automatic as standard.
Additionally, the company might want to bring in the low-displacement 1.0-litre TFSI engine with this crossover. This low capacity engine outputs a maximum power of 114 bhp. It comes mated to a 7-speed DSG.
Audi Q2 World Mileage
|Model||Estimated Overall Mileage|
|TFSI Petrol||13-15 KMPL|
|TDI Diesel||17-18 KMPL|
Audi Q2 World – Dimensions
|Length x Width x Height||4191 x 1794 x 1508 mm|
|Kerb Weight||1280 kg|
|Wheel Type and Size||18” Alloys|
|Boot Space||405 litres|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||50 litre|
Audi Q2 World Features
While the Q2 will be the cheapest Audi crossover in World, it won’t lack on the features front. Here is a list of features that the new model will come with.
- 16/17/18 inch alloy wheels
- LED headlights with daytime running lights
- LED rear lights
- Dynamic rear indicators
- Headlight washers
- Optional S Line Exterior package
- Optional Satin silver finish for C-Pillar
- MMI Navigation with Apple CarPlay and Andriod Auto
- Bluetooth, AUX, USB support
- Audi Virtual Cockpit – 12.3” full colour digital instrument cluster for the flexible display of information
- Dual Zone Automatic climate control
- Audi Phone Box with wireless charging
- S Line Interior trim package
- LED Interior Lighting
- Heated/Cooled front seats
- Cruise Control
- High Beam Assist
- Active lane assist
- 6-airbag system
- Electronic Stabilisation Control (ESC), including ABS, ASR and EDL
- Multi-collision brake assist
- Tyre pressure warning light
- Seat belt monitoring
- ISOFIX child seat mounting for front passenger (with airbag deactivation)
Audi Q2 World – Exterior Design Review
The design of the upcoming Q2 SUV is based on Audi’s latest design language. It gets sharper cuts and creases. There is a new single-frame grille up front, which is more prominent in comparison to current Audi models in World. The new Q2’s headlamps are full LED and get LED daytime running lights as well. The side profile of the car features a very flattened out shoulder line, which is an interesting design touch. There’s a thick C-Pillar that comes in black lending the car a floating roof effect. The Audi Q2 looks more like a grown-up hatchback than an SUV. It features rectangular LED tail lamps. These are very different from the sleeker, narrower tail lamp design most modern Audis features. The rear bears a passing resemblance to Volkswagen products such as the Polo.
Audi Q2 World – Interior Review
The dashboard design of the World-bound Audi Q2 shares some similarities with the Audi A3’s design. It features similar circular AC vents and climate control setup. The ‘floating’ touchscreen is a characteristic Audi feature. There is a sporty flat bottom steering wheel here, behind which you will find Audi’s Virtual Cockpit setup. It might be the cheapest Audi, but the cabin is very well built with impressive levels of fit and finish. Despite being the smallest SUV in Audi’s lineup, the Q2 has decent seating space for 4 adults. The cabin also gets generous 405 litre boot. However, the rear bench feels a little cramped because of the sloping roof and the rising window line. That said, leg space is not an issue. There are decals on the dash that light up in different fluorescent shades. Sounds a bit tacky, to be quite honest.
Audi Q2 Colour Options
Here’s a list of colour options Audi is offering in international markets. For World, the colour choices may vary
- Ara Blue
- Vegas Yellow
- Tango Red
- Nano Grey
- Ibis White
- Floret Silver
- Brilliant Black
Audi Q2 World Test Drive Review
While we are yet to conduct a full Audi Q2 Test Drive Review here in World, here are some of its highlights based on reviews conducted by publications abroad.
- AutoExpress found the Q2 to be surprisingly spacious for its size. Its build quality and looks are some of the highlights of this small Audi SUV.
- TopGear UK says the Audi Q2 is definitely are crossover meant for city use. It performed decently over bumps and potholes, which should work in its favour in World.
- The driving position isn’t very SUV-like. Feels like driving a hatchback. Level of refinement is exceptional.
- Great interior quality as expected from an Audi. The touchscreen is not retractable. Boot space impressive at 405 L.
- The Audi Q2 is fun to drive. The ride quality is impressive and the small SUV handles well.
- The upcoming Audi Q2 is a worthy alternative to entry-level luxury hatchbacks such as the Mercedes A-Class, BMW 1-Series and crossovers like the Mini Countryman.
Stay tuned to ContentWorld for news updates on Audi Q2 World Launch Date, Price, Specifications. Also watch this space for a full Audi Q2 World Test Drive Review.
- Readers Rating
- Rated 3.4 stars
3.4 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Very Good
- Your Rating