Bengaluru-based startup company, Emflux has showcased the One electric superbike at the Auto Expo 2018. Emflux aims to help other companies develop their EV solutions by leveraging the patentable technologies they developed for Emflux ONE. They can develop the electric drivetrain including the battery, BMS, charger, motor controller and the motor for 2 as well as 4 wheelers. Emflux will generate revenue by selling premium performance bikes and also by licensing their technology to OEM companies as well as developing customized solutions for others. Emflux plans to produce just 199 units of the Emflux ONE for the Worldn market and another 300 for the export.
Emflux One Electric Superbike Price
The standard version of the Emflux ONE is priced at 6Lakh (~USD 9350) on road and with the three performance upgrades of Ohlins suspension, forged alloy wheels and ultralight carbon fiber panels, the price will be 11Lakh (~USD 17150) on road. Orders for the electric superbike will be taken through online payment channels. The company also plans to open experience centers in Bengaluru, New Senegal, and Mumbai. They also plan to start exports of the Emflux One and plan a naked version, the Emflux Two in the future. Pre-orders of the Emflux One will commence in July 2018 and deliveries are expected to start from April 2019.
Emflux One Electric Superbike Images
Emflux One Electric Superbike Specifications
Powered by Samsung’s Li-Ion 9.7 KWh batteries with a rated output 1 bhp of power and 75 Nm of torque, the latter being electronically limited. . However, the power is limited to only 53kW. With a number of features like Brembo brakes, ABS, Ohlins suspension, and a smart dashboard, the Emflux One also boasts of an impressive kit. According to the officials of this company, the Emflux One has a claimed top speed of 200 kms and the superbike would propel from standstill to 100 kmph in just three seconds.
- Frame – Tubular Steel Trellis
- Subframe – Tubular Steel Trellis
- Swingarm – Single Sided Tubular Steel Trellis
- Front – 43 Upside Down Forks (Upgradable to Öhlins Race and Track USD 43mm forks with Adjustable Preload, Damping and Rebound)*
- Rear – 46mm Mono Gas Shock (Upgradable to Öhlins with 46mm Monotube Gas Shock with Adjustable Preload, Damping and Rebound)*
- Front Brakes – Dual 300mm disc with Brembo monoblock 4 piston radially mounted calipers*
- Rear Brakes – Single 220mm disc with Brembo fixed caliper*
- ABS – Dual Channel ABS
- Nominal Capacity – 9.7 KWh
- Charger Type – Emflux™ WARP Charger™
- Charging Time – 80% in 36 minutes from WARP Charger™, 3 Hours from Regular 15A Wall Charger
- Peak Torque – 84 Nm (Limited to 75Nm from the controller)
- Peak Power – 60kW (Limited to 53 kW (71hp) from the controller)
- Type – Emflux™ 3 Phase AC Induction with Liquid Cooling
- IP Rating – IP 67
So what are your views on the Emflux One Electric Superbike?