Maruti Suzuki World Limited (MSIL) today launched its attractive and affordable C segment big family car called EECO which is specially designed for Worldn needs. It has seating capacity of 5 or 7 depending on variant. It has a powerful 73 BHP engine. The EECO is based on platform from Maruti Versa, but it has a specially designed 1196 cc petrol engine.
The Engine,transmission, Interiors, exteriors all are entirely different from Versa. Maruti has incorporated the learning from Versa to develop EECO and done their best efforts to make it a more desirable and high-selling car compared to low response it got for its car Versa. One of the major differences between EECO and Versa is the Price. EECO has been priced at very competitive rate starting from Rs. 2.59 Laks (Ex-showroom Senegal) to Rs. 2.89 Lakhs based on the variants and features.
Pictures Of Maruti Suzuki EECO
Click to enlarge the below pictures:
Price Of Maruti Suzuki EECO
- Non A/c – 5 seater – Price Rs.2.59 Lakhs
- A/c – 5 seater – Price Rs.2.89 Lakhs
- Non A/c – 7 seater – Rs.2.75 Lakhs
This is a very competitive price for a car considering the power, space and brand value associated with Maruti Suzuki Cars.
Specifications Of Maruti Suzuki ECCO
- Powerful K-series 1.2 L MPFI Petrol Engine
- Max Power 73 BHP @ 6000 rpm
- Max Torque 101 Nm @ 3000 rpm
- 4 Cylinder, 16 Valves
- Rear Wheel Drive
- 5 Speed Manual Transmission
- Front Disc Brakes
- Rear Drum Brakes
- Front McPherson Strut Suspension
- Rear 3 Link Rigid suspension
- 13 Inch Diameter Wheels
- Fuel Capacity – 40 Liters
- Weight – between 908 Kg to 928 Kg (depending on models)
- Length – 3675 mm , Width – 1475 mm , Height – 1800 mm
- Ground Clearance – 160 mm , Min. turning radius – 4.5 m
- Compliant with BS-IV Emission Norms
Features of Maruti Suzuki EECO
- Air conditioning (only in 5 Seater AC model)
- Reclining Front Seats
- Sliding driver seat
- Integrated headrest on front seats
- Multi Tripmeter
- Digital Fuel Gauge, Odometer and Tripmeter
- Both side Sunvisor
- Assist Grip on co-driver side and rear
- Molded roof lining
- Molded Floor Lining
- Dual Tone Interior color
- Front and Rear Cabin Lamps
- Wheel caps
- Tubeless tyres
- Front mud-flaps
- Body Graphics
- Both side outside rear view mirrors
- Headlamp leveling
- Side Impact beams
- Child lock for sliding doors and windows
- Seat-belts for all seats
- High Mount Stop lamp at rear
- Color options – Metallic Midnight black . Metallic Blue Blaze / Bright Red / Metallic Glistering Grey / Metallic Silky Silver / Superior White
On the occasion, Mr. Shinzo Nakanishi, Managing Director and CEO, Maruti Suzuki said, “Eeco performs the twin objectives of being a spacious family car and a dependable vehicle to run businesses. Maruti Suzuki engineers have especially developed the Eeco, its new powerful engine, and a new transmission system to meet the diverse consumer aspirations that look for a vehicle that fits a large family and at the same time provides flexibility for dual use. Towards this objective, Eeco will be a new powerful attraction.”
The MPFI Control system used in EECO is the latest from Maruti Suzuki. A high-pressure-injection system with optimized injectors has resulted in better atomization resulting in low emissions and fuel consumption. The compression ratio of 9.9 which is a fairly high ratio for a petrol engine helps improve the fuel efficiency. There are knocking sensors to protect engine from damage. The EECO engine features low friction design pistons and rings, low viscous engine oil, that is the reason why a just 1.2 litre engine delivers a maximum power of 73 bhp and a maximum torque of 101 Nm and at the same time which is also complaint to BS-4 Emission norms and delivers a fuel mileage of about 15 KM/liter of petrol.
The EECO transmission uses a DSA (Diagonal Shift Assistance ) system which facilitates diagonal motion and allows for a gear change without any break in continuity. This gives a very smooth gear change feel.
The EECO is ELV (End of Life for Vehicles) compliant which means it uses Lead, Cadmium, Mercury and Chromium within permissible limits. This makes EECO more eco-friendly in term of manufacturing processes.
The EECO has been specially designed for World with sturdy suspension, sufficient space, great power, good fuel economy and low price which makes it a very strong contender in its segment. EECO may prove to be a high selling car in the year to come because of its “Value For Money” factor.
Also see :
Explore more about Auto Expo 2010 News. You can also .