Volkswagen is all set to unveil its SUV globally next month. The T-Cross SUV is going to be unveiled on October 25, as per various reports. It will be unveiled across three locations – Germany, Brazil, and Chile, simultaneously. Volkswagen has targeted some European countries, South America and China as main markets for the SUV. World will mostly get the SUV by 2020 after the new emission norms kick in. You can read more about the upcoming T-Cross here. So, amidst all the buzz, we prepare 5 things that you must know about the Volkswagen T-Cross.
1. Given that it aims to be a perfect rival for the Hyundai Creta, expect a similar price range. So, the Volkswagen T-Cross might start from somewhere around Rs 9.5 Lakhs and might go up to Rs 14 Lakhs. Creta is Hyundai one of the best selling car and also is the best selling in its segment. So, to give it a tough competition, it must undercut the price of Creta. Other competitors will include Nissan Kicks and Renault Captur.
2. Talking about the engine, it will most probably get three engine options, just like the Creta. Also, Vento in a similar price range gets three engine options. The Volkswagen T-Cross might get the 1.2 Litre Turbo Petrol for DSG unit, a 1.6 Litre petrol for the manual gearbox and a 1.5 Litre TDI diesel engine.
3. From the Turbo petrol engine, we can expect a mileage figure of 17 kmpl and from the 1.6 Litre, we can expect around 14 kmpl, roughly. The diesel engine might give a good mileage figure of 21 kmpl.
4. Moving on to the features, it might get a similar features list as the Polo. So expect a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto and Apple CarPlay, an electric sunroof, cruise control, rain sensing wipers, LED projector headlamps, Multi-functional steering wheel and more such options. Safety features will include dual airbags, ABS, EBD, and ISOFIX as standard fitments. The global-spec versions will get ESP, Hill Assist and Traction Control, which might come to the Worldn spec too.
5. Lastly, we talk about the design. Well, you know all Volkswagen models look sure-shot sporty with a touch of class. Some global journalists have already tested the Volkswagen T-Cross and from the photos, we can say it looks like a smaller version of Tiguan. It looks quite similar to the T-Cross Breeze concept. The only changes that we can notice include a revised front grille and sleeker headlamps. Overall, it will get a bold dominating design work with sporty elements all over the SUV.
- Readers Rating
- Rated 4.5 stars
4.5 / 5 (Reviewers)
- Your Rating